City of Bellflower
16600 Civic Center Drive
Bellflower, CA 90706
Signs for SF and R-1 Zones
The following signs are permitted on-premises within the SF (Single-family Residential) and R-1 (Low Density) Zones.
- Real Estate Signs Authorized by Civil Code Section 713. One (1) unlighted sign not exceeding nine (9) square feet in area and pertaining only to the sale, lease, or exchange of the particular building, property or premises upon which it is displayed.
- During the period a residential structure is in the process of construction, a developer or builder may erect on the premises signs totaling not to exceed twenty-four (24) square feet, which signs shall be removed from the premises within fifteen (15) days after final inspection by the Building Department.
- During the development of a subdivision or tract, the developer or authorized representative may erect two (2) signs within the subdivision not to exceed a total of two hundred (200) square feet each for a period not to exceed six (6) months or until all lots in the tract are sold. (Prior code §§ 19-4.2(d) and 19-5.2(d); Ord. 1331 § 5, 12/12/16)
Signs for R-2 and R-3 Zones
The following signs are permitted on-premises within the R-2 (Medium Density Residential) and R-3 (Multiple Residential) Zones.
For more information, click here.
- Identification sign containing only name and street address not exceeding eighteen (18) square feet in area for multiple dwellings and other permitted uses. Such sign shall be attached to the building face. The identification sign shall not extend above the eave line nor project more than eight (8) inches from the face of the building.
- One (1) low profile planter type sign may be allowed in lieu of the building sign.
- The maximum height shall not exceed forty-two (42) inches above grade level and shall not exceed eighteen (18) square feet in area. Such sign shall contain only the name and street address.
- Such sign shall be set back a minimum of five (5) feet from the front property line.
- Real Estate Signs Authorized by Civil Code Section 713. One (1) unlighted sign or banner not exceeding twelve (12) square feet in area and pertaining only to the sale, lease, or exchange of the particular building, property or premises upon which it is displayed.
- One (1) unlighted sign or banner not exceeding twelve (12) square feet in area to identify public or private parking lots. (Prior code §§ 19-6.4(p) and 19-7.4(p); Ord. 1331 §§ 6, 7, 12/12/16)
(Chapter 17.68 SIGNS)