Real Estate Signs
For more information, click here.
Temporary signs advertising property for sale, lease, or rental, located on the property offered, subject to the following limitations:
- Eight foot maximum height above grade,
- Residential Property. No more than one sign on each property offered except that a property which maintains a second street frontage on a major, primary, or secondary highway shall be permitted one additional sign; the maximum area of each sign shall be not more than six square feet.
- Where the total lineal street frontage is not more than one hundred twenty feet: Not more than one sign per street frontage; the maximum sign area of each sign shall be twenty square feet.
- Where the total lineal street frontage is in excess of one hundred twenty lineal feet: Not more than one sign per street frontage; the maximum sign area of each sign shall be thirty-two square feet.
- No sign shall be directly or indirectly illuminated.
- All such signs shall be removed either when escrow is closed or a transaction is otherwise completed, or when the property is removed from the market.
Open House Signing
- Numerical Limitation: Not more than four pennants of not more than three square feet each.
- Such pennants shall be permitted to be placed on the property where the open house is held. No such pennants shall be placed in center medians, over fences, or in areas not deemed permitted by this subsection.
- Such pennants are permitted only during periods when either the property owner or sales agent is present and are further subject to the following day and time restrictions:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- No on-site pennants are permitted to be placed or present on any day or at any time other than as set forth in subsection (iii.aa) and (iii.bb) hereinabove.
- One sign indicating that an open house is presently occurring shall be permitted in the front or side yard setback of the property being offered.
(Sign Regulations - Chapter 19)