For more information, click here.
- On arterial streets, only two real estate open house directional signs for the same open house and only two garage sale signs for the same garage sale shall be permitted between street intersections on the same side of the street; and
- In the interior of residential tracts, only one real estate open house directional sign for the same open house shall be permitted for each directional change;
- Any sign in violation of any portion of this subsection may be removed or confiscated by the city;
- Real estate open house directional signs which are confiscated by the city and not returned to the person in violation will only be held for a period of ten days during which time an individual real estate agent or company may recover their sign at a cost of twenty dollars per sign. Real estate open house directional signs which are not recovered within ten days from the date of confiscation shall be disposed of at the discretion of the city of Cerritos;
- Every person violating this subsection, as it pertains to the illegal display of real estate open house directional signs, shall be guilty of an infraction. Upon a first violation, the person shall be issued an infraction citation punishable by a fine of fifty dollars. Every violation occurring thereafter within one year of the first violation shall be punishable by a fine of one hundred dollars;
(Sign Regulations – Chapter 22.48)